I am a PhD candidate with the Department of Software Science at the Radboud University in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, under supervision of Dr. Nils Jansen and Prof. dr. Marielle Stoelinga. As a researcher, I am part of PrimaVera, an academic consortium on the topic of predictive maintenance. Before starting my PhD in September 2020, I studied Industrial Engineering and Management at the University of Groningen, with a specialization in Smart Systems in Control and Automation.
My primary research interests are on the intersection between Engineering, Systems & Control, and Formal Verification. While physical systems in the world of engineering are continuous, most digital solutions are designed for discrete systems. Bridging the gap between these two domains is important to solve real-world problems with digital tools, and is a recurring topic in my research. Currently, I am working on sequential decision making under uncertainty with correctness guarantees, with applications to autonomous and robotics systems, predictive maintenance, and electrical power systems.
- Our paper “CTMCs with imprecisely timed observations” has been accepted for presentation at TACAS 2024!
- In the past two weeks, we have presented our work on robust abstraction-based control under uncertainty at the peer-reviewed workshops BNAIC and FMAS. Really nice venues, with lots of interesting talks!
- In around two weeks, we will present our paper “Formal Controller Synthesis for Markov Jump Linear Systems with Uncertain Dynamics” at QEST 2023 (September 20-22). Great collaboration with Luke Rickard, Licio Romao, and Alessandro Abate from the University of Oxford!`
- Good news, we will present our recent paper “Efficient Sensitivity Analysis for Parametric Robust Markov Chains” this summer at CAV 2023!
- Our paper “Robust Control for Dynamical Systems with Non-Gaussian Noise via Formal Abstractions” has been published in the Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), in their ‘award-winning paper track.’
- Our paper “Probabilities Are Not Enough: Formal Controller Synthesis for Stochastic Dynamical Models with Epistemic Uncertainty” has been accepted for presentation at AAAI 2023.